Monday, June 26, 2006

Why did I start Blogging?

I have been thinking of blogging for 3 months now and finally I started blogging. Initially in GooglePages where I have to do a lot of page editing myself. Now I am using Blogger which most I know is using. Came out of the starting trouble with a post or two. Now let me get to the basic question as to why did I start Blogging? Is it that everybody who uses internet blogs and so should I? Or I am crazy, that's why I am blogging. My writing skills aren't that great, I am not such a happening person or the most knowledgeable person to write frequently. These are some negative thoughts that come.

From the time I realised that time is a precious resource and I need to manage time. I started writing a kind of forward diary wherein I plan for the next day and write them down in a diary book. Next day I see to it that the things planned are done. This way I will not forget on a few important things to do that I have just thought yesterday. Also I have a documentation of the days I lived. Still, this approach is limited to myself and is not for sharing with others.

Later I felt like documenting about my travelling, experiences I had, interests, book reviews etc. I started writing them in a email to our mailing group (Avinash, Jeyson, Naveen, Harsha and Sudeep). We used to have active communication. I thought of sharing to more number of people, having it in a common place from where it can be accessed by anybody(including myself), anytime and from anywhere and that is the Blogosphere. What I have written now may not make much sense now but it will act as a good window to the past a few years later. Not everyone gives an opportunity to talk about what we like to the length we like in a way we like. Blogs are open to everything.

I have read a lot, but have hardly written. I used to avoid any chances to write essays, debate or speak publicly at schools and colleges. This is a space where I can try my hand at writing, make mistakes and correct them based on feedback from other well wishers. I have struggling to improve my vocabulary and grammar. And I think writing will help me a long way in this regard. With me aiming to crack CAT, GMAT etc, I think this is the time. Will try to post frequently on as diverse topics in the best possible way.

No comments:

Post a Comment