Thursday, August 06, 2009

New phase of this blog's life

This blog now enters a new phase of its blog's life as I have. It has been lifeless for last 4 months. Except for my post on Korigad Trek which has been attracting traffic from search engines during this rainy season. Till now the blog was about my personal experiences/opinion on topics within my comfort zone i.e. Cricket, Travelling, Technology and General Business. From now on I intend to write about my Business that I will be managing as a professional. It could be about the hard decisions, experiences with customers/stake holders, my tactics/strategies/philosophies, industry insights and problems.

For starters, I am working on my family's coconut oil business at Puttur that my dad started 2 decades ago. My dad will continue running the business as he has been. My brother has been helping him for last 3 years. My role will be to bring in modern best practices to help grow the business. Expecting that my fancy degrees(B.E & MBA), professional exposures and outlooks of having lived outside this town for last 10 years would help bring in fresh perspectives. The coconut oil that comes out of our factory is of very good quality and are well received by our customers. Thanks to the skilled, committed and loyal employees and my dad's hard work, perseverance and perfectionist attitude. It has survived and flourished through tough price competition, uncooperative retailers and major inroads made by cheap refined oils.

I had told few of my friends that I will update them about the business and seek their opinion during decision making. Through this blog I can sort of crowd source. My clarity on issues will improve when I write down that too with the intention of sharing with people.

As regards this blog I have 2 options
  1. Start a new official blog and link it with business website. It will be read by my Business partners/stakeholders. It should be more in the lines of PR. Here I cannot be so casual and personal. Still it is important to give life to the official website and update both current and potential stakeholders.
  2. Add posts to current personal blog. This lets me connect with my well wishers, write with more freedom as all opinions are that of the person and not that of its employer. I can classify these posts from other personal posts through labels (my business)
I hope to take both the options.

1 comment: